Disclamer: In this post I will not call the name of the company or names of the employees.
This not to harm the company or the people in it. This story is my point of view and there was no link on my social media I ever worked there. This is legally checked so there can be no missunderstanding. This is my opinion.
Today I wanted to tell a personal story that happend a couple of months ago.
To be honest I loved my work as a Visual Merchandiser in the retail branch and I loved working for this company, when I started I worked my ass off and wanted to make my job a bit more personal towards the stores that I visited. Everything went great un till after a month I got a phone call that something happend and they wanted to know what I knew about this situation. I called my supervisor at the time and told her wat happend and exactly what I knew. It bothered me a lot and I panicked. I maybe called my supervisor 6/7 times about it because I wanted to be sure everything was oke. Maybe that made me look guilty? I have no idea. I just knew at that point ( after 7 years retail ) you don’t want to been put in a situation you have nothing to do with. So I tried to make some peace with it the upcoming month and did my job.
Then the last day off my ‘trail period’ they call me in to the office. And when I got the phone call the night before I knew it was trouble. The conversation did go on for about 3 minutes, yes 3 minutes.
They told me they where letting me go and the only thing I heard In my mind was a very long beep and after that came: NO F*CKING WAY. They couldn’t give me a reason because they had the right to legally. I’m not a stupid idiot ( I had one feedback moment and everything was fine) I can tell you I hated some people at that moment, at special one person hurt me the most. We had long drives in the car and we told each other stuff that are very personal. People keep surprising me!
After that people where starting to send me messages or calling me why I wasn’t at the day I was suppose to come. That went on for 2 weeks.
Everybody that called me I told the whole story and I didn’t care because If I did not say how everything went down I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror again.
I learned, hurt and got stronger from It, even when at some point I started doubting myself.
Never ever doubt yourself because at this point I still have contact with some people within the company and I know they can’t prove I did it. And the funny thing is I can, because at the point where it happend I was outside getting sweets, how ironic.
For me It end good, I finally started my second company and I’m doing what I wanted, finally!
It’s important to tell this story because you still hear people getting locked away and 20 years later they did not do it, like how can this still happen?
Well I told my story and I’m oke with it now, and I still don’t have less Facebook friends hahaha.
Never stop believing in yourself even when people make you the blame for something you didn’t do and the person how (probably) did still works there.
With me being addicted to everything gold and vintage, I needed to have the new interior musthave ‘The bar cart‘. Their are so many ways to style it and give your own spin to it. Today I’m showing you how to style your bar cart in 3 different ways and the items that are key to style it with.
Option 1: Pop them bottels!
What most people do ( and to be honest what the car is made for ) is put different bottels of strong liquor with pretty glasses on it. This can really set the party feeling even when you don’t have a party at your place. I used different glasses and combined blue with gold.
Option 2: The no booze on top version;)
If you want to add less booze but more style in too you cart, you can use this option.
On top I worked with magazines and flowers, and to make it a bit extra I put an gold cocktails shaker ( that is 4 euro’s now), some marble coasters and my favorite candle from Jo Malone.
For the bottom you can put down your glasses and off course a little liquor. For an extra touch I put a decanter that is the same color as my blue glasses. Stay hydrated people:)
Option 3: The Leather Lipstick way!
My favorite way to style it is a combo from the top 2 options. I added a print from WIJCK, it’s a print from ‘ARNHEM CENTURM’ because that’s where I live. Also on the top I have my blue champagne glasses, Gin and my Gold cocktails shaker. At the bottom I have some whiskey glasses, my Jo malone candle, some more Gin and my palmtree spoons.
You can find links of the products in this blog. For this amazing bar cart I have a discount code for you guys of 10% off with code ‘theleatherlipstick’ ( Sponsored).
At HEOO.NL they have different style bar carts and gold items to style your home with, and as you guys know I’m a sucker for gold. Happy shopping!!!
Which option fits your style? Let me know in the comments below:)
I feel like the last 2 weeks my life has been a rollercoaster, one that goes so quick it can make you sick at times. Everyone has moments in live where they think, am I doing things the right way? With social media everyone is comparing themselves with one and other and honestly I hate that part. I often have these worries, when I’m sat alone and scrolling my Instagram. Accounts pop up that I love and that truly inspire me, and 99% of the time, I’m so inspired by what I see that it urges me to do more and create new plans.
But there are various occasions when the imagery incites doubt and anxieties within me. Am I not doing enough? And you know what, I need to remember one thing. Someone else’s goals, are not mine!!!
2 weeks ago I was at the ‘Mode Fabriek’ and we had a reading from Rico Verhoeven ( World champion kickboxing) he told us how important keeping your own focus is, and never to let what other people are doing get you of track from your own goals.
As a beauty and fashion blogger, I try to tick a number of boxes, and in some cases I find it hard to be all two genres. But there are people out there who are killing it at travel Instagramming, others owning the fashion space. But is what they’re doing better than what I’m doing, for my own goals? Absolutely not. The goals I have will never be achieved by anyone else and their personal steps. The grass is NEVER greener.
So STOP comparing yourself with other people and as Rico says FOCUS on you.
I’m not letting anyone tell me what they think I should do business wise ( except my close family off course) and if that means that people don’t like my instagram or blog that’s fine with me.
Believing in what you create, what you have to offer and what you bring to your personal space. Whether thats your home, life, relationships, employment. What is that special thing that you offer? Write it down now so you don’t forget it, and you can look back when you’re having a doubtful moment. It could be anything, but believe in what it is that you bring to your metaphorical table. No one can do it like you can, because they are not you.
With me just starting blogging, I thought it would be nice to start with a ‘get to know me tag’. So let’s start.
1. What is your middle name? Have none, I’m just Jade Manifold.
2. What is your favorite color? Everything White.
3. How tall are you? 166 cm thats 24 inches.
4. What was your favorite subject at school? English, probable because i’m british.
5. What is your favorite drink? With alcohol it’s Baileys without water with a taste, like lemon or mint.
6. Last person you called? My boyfriend. Sorry mum haha.
7. Favorite food? Sushi, Sushi and Sushi. You can wake me for it.
8. What is the last thing you bought? Grocery’s, I know so boring haha.
9. Favorite Movie? Me before you and the notebook, I cry about everything.
10. Favorite band? Can we get back the spice girls time?? loved them big time,But love Beyonce and Adele too.
11. What is your favorite perfume? Michael Kors, sexy amber.
12. What would you name your children? I’m obsessed with the name Olivia for a girl, don’t no for a boy to be honest.
13. Who are some of your favorite youtubers? International vloggers: I love Kenza and Janni Deler. For dutch vloggers I love queenofjetlags and negin mirsalehi.
14. Tea or Coffee. I am obsessed with coffee (in a good way).
15. What phone do you have? An iPhone 6s Plus, I love that it’s that big.
16. When was the last time you cried? I don’t know to be honest, but i’m such a cry baby.
17. Favorite smells? I love Yankee candles.
18. Where were you born? Stoke-on-trend, Uk. Always a stokey.
19. What are your hobbies? Blogging, shopping, traveling and going out for food.
20. Celeb Crush? Ryan Gosling off course.
Well babes that’s all, if you have an other one for me let me know.
I hope you know me a bit better now.
// Hi Babes,
Nu ik begonnen ben met bloggen, leek het me leuk om te beginnen met de’Get to know me’ tag. Nou laten we beginnen.
1. Heb je een tweede naam? Nee heb ik niet, gewoon Jade Manifold.
2. Wat is je favoriete kleur? Alles wit.
3. Hoe lang ben je? 166 cm.
4. Wat is je favoriete vak op school? Engels, waarschijnlijk omdat ik zelf engels ben.
5. Wat is je favoriete drinken? Met alcohol Baileys and zonder spa water citroen of munt.
6. Laatste persoon die je hebt gebeld? Mijn vriend, sorry mam haha.
7. Favoriete eten? Sushi, Sushi en nog eens sushi. Je kan me er voor wakker maken:)
8. Wat is het laatste wat je hebt gekocht? Beetje saai maar boodschappen.
9. Favoriete film? Me before me en the notebook, en nog steeds moet ik huilen.
10. Favoriete band? Kunnen de spice girls geen reünie doen? Vroeger kon ik niet zonder. Maar Beyonce en Adele vind ik ook geweldig.
11. Wat is je favoriete parfum? Michael Kors, sexy amber.
12.Wat voor naam zou je je kind(eren) geven? Voor een meisje vind ik Olivia geweldig, voor een jongen weet ik het totaal niet.
13. Wat zijn je favoriete youtubers? Internationaal vind ik Kenza en Janni Deler erg leuk. Mijn favoriete Nederlandse vloggers zijn, Noor van Queenofjetlags en Negin.
Maar ik vind Annic van wonderen en Annemerel van Annemerel.com ook erg leuk.
14. Thee of koffie? Ik ben een totale koffie lover.
15. Welke telefoon heb je? iPhone 6s plus, ik vind hem zo lekker groot.
16. Waarneer heb je voor het laatst gehuild? Ik moet eerlijk zeggen dat ik het echt niet weet, maar normaal huil ik om alles.
17. Favoriete geuren? Ik ben dol op de kaarsen van Yankee Candle.
18. Waar ben je geboren? Stoke-on-trend, Engeland. Voor altijd een stokey.
19. Wat zijn je hobby’s? Bloggen, Shoppen, reizen en uiteten.
20. Celeb crush? Ryan Gosling natuurlijk.
Nou babes dat waren ze alweer, als je nog een vraag hebt laat ze hier onder achter in de reactie’s. Hope you got to know me better:)